[[.blOggiE .]]
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Ecuador 0-3 Germany

Yeah! As wat i expected and wat Klinsmann wanted, the Germans won the match, topping Group A and hopefully avoid the nxt match with England.
The Germans played well, scoring 2 goals in the first half by Klose, and he became the top scorer for the moment. Well done! Then came the 3rd goal by the young Podolski, it's his lst world cup goal!. the Germans were contented after the 3rd goal and Klinsmann started to replace some of his best men, Klose, Frings etc in the 66th to prepare them for the future matches. Despite the high score, the Germans continue to attack.
Yeah! The Germans won! SO HAPPY!!! They won with 3 goals and a total of 15 shots though Ecuador had a higher % of ball possession...
And Captain Ballack was the Man of the Match.
While over at Hanover, Poland won Costa Rica 2-1.
It seems lyk Group A matches have cum to an end....
Germany topped the group followed by ecuador, poland and costa rica
too excited to sleep liao..hahah

Man of the Match

The scorers

Klose

The Germany Team
---------------------------------------------------
Lionel Messi’s adidas +10 team With so many great players from the past and present to choose from, I would find it impossible to choose just ten. So I’m going to go for the team I played in that won the U-20 World Cup last year in Holland.
That would mean that, in goal, I would have
Oscar Ustari, who is a fantastic guy and a good friend.
Then, at the back, I would have
Ezequiel Garay, Gabriel Paletta, Gustavo Cabral and
Lautaro Formica. Those four guys make up a great defensive line which is always really solid and very difficult to break through.
In midfield, just like in the U-20 tournament, I would have
Fernando Gago, Rodrigo Archubi and
Pablo Zabaleta, all excellent players.
Then, up front, would be
Sergio Aguero, Pablo Vitti and myself. I think that that was a great team and one I would always be happy to play in.
Apart from those ten players, I am very lucky that I already play with the footballer I most admire at the moment,
Ronaldinho. I’d love to carry on playing with him forever because he’s a great player to watch, and to play with.
The same goes for another Barcelona player I like a lot,
Deco. He has great skills.
Rafael Marquez is also someone I’ve always admired and wanted to play alongside, and I’m delighted to have that opportunity.
-----------------------------------------------------
Raul: My adidas +10 teamThe goalkeeper I would choose for my team is
Iker Casillas. I think he’s a great keeper and he’s also a good friend. He definitely has some impressive qualities and he’s still very young.
My first pick in defence would be
Paolo Maldini because I think he’s one of the greatest professionals there has ever been at world level. His career has been faultless.
Next to him I’d have
Fernandeo Hierro, more or less for the same reasons, and because I’ve been lucky enough to play with him and there have been many times when he’s helped me a lot.
At left-back, I would have
Roberto Carlos because in that position he’s the best, he continues to be the best, and it would be difficult to find another player with his qualities.
On the right, I’d have another Brazilian,
Cafu. It seems that the older he gets, the faster he runs, and his performances remain impressive.
In midfield,
Fernando Redondo would wear the number 5 shirt because to me he’s a very special person and, apart from that, he has all the qualities, both human and professional, to be in this team.
I’d also have
Zinedine Zidane in there because of his elegance and for the fact that he’s a player of a different stature who’s great to watch and who would teach me a great deal.
After that, they’re all forwards, so we’d have a mixture. First,
Roberto Baggio, because he’s one of my idols. I always enjoyed watching him play, he was a real quality player. I also played against him once and I’ve got his shirt as a souvenir.
After that, I would have another childhood idol of mine,
Paulo Futre, who played for Atletico Madrid. I enjoyed watching him very much when I was a young boy because in those days, of course, I was a fan of Atletico.
The last one would be the player I’ve most loved watching, and that’s
Diego Maradona. I would have loved to play with him and I think that if he was in the team, we’d have a good time playing together. To play in a forward position alongside him would be a huge honour.
----------------------------------------------------
Steven Gerrard’s adidas +10 team:My goalkeeper would have to be
Peter Shilton. He's the best keeper England have ever had in my opinion, so I think we’d be very strong in that department if I were to pick him.
Right-back is a difficult one because there are so many good players in that position, but
Cafu just edges it. He’s still going strong at 36 now and, personally, I think he’s been the best around in that position for many, many years.
At left-back, I would play another Brazilian,
Roberto Carlos. I think he’s got a great engine, he gets up and down the pitch, defends well and also scores good goals. What more can you ask?
In the centre of my defence, I’d have to go for
Bobby Moore, the former England captain. He’s a legend back home and, having watched videos of him action, I can see that he was a great leader. Alongside him would be
John Terry, who is obviously a team-mate of mine with England. He’s a great leader and an awesome player.
On the right of midfield, I would go for
Luis Figo. He has been named both FIFA World Player of the Year and European Player of the Year in the past and he is still a fantastic footballer.
On the opposite wing, my choice would be
John Barnes. He was a big hero of mine when I was a kid for Liverpool and, when he was at his best, he was a really exciting and very skilful player to watch.
Zinedine Zidane would be the man I would have alongside myself in the centre of midfield. For me, he is the best attacking midfielder in the world.
Up front, I would pair
Marco van Basten and
Thierry Henry together. I think Van Basten scored the best goal I’ve ever seen in the final of the European Championships in 1988. As for Henry, he is the best player in the Premiership at the moment in my opinion.
----------------------------------------------------
Michael Ballack’s adidas +10 teamIn goal, I'll have
Oliver Kahn. Not only because he was my team-mate at Bayern, but because every day in the national team I'm a witness to his ambition, his charisma and his willingness to succeed. He has achieved so much, he's been playing at the top level for years and he's been voted the best goalkeeper in the world on a number of occasions, which speaks for itself.
At right-back, I would choose
Cafu. Not only is he a very strong defender, but I totally admire his ability to play dynamically, to come in at the right moment on one of his long, overlapping runs. It’s incredible how fit he still is considering his age. He certainly isn’t Brazil captain and a world champion for nothing, and that's why he'll be my right-back.
In the centre of my defence, I would start with
Jurgen Kohler because he had such an impressive career. He was a player with truly German virtues, absolutely classical, and was a strong man-marker. I think he put the fear in a lot of strikers.
Then I would have
Lucio, whom I played with at Bayern Munich and Leverkusen. He has such a great personality and is the epitome of a winner. He is also incredibly dynamic as a defender and very strong on the attack, so all in all, I think we would have a good central defensive partnership with him and Kohler.
On the left I'd play
Paolo Maldini because, like Cafu, he has been very strong in that position for more than a decade.
Andy Brehme is another player I completely admire in that position, but with Maldini would be a good choice because he has such a tremendous personality and is a great sportsman.
Emerson would be my defensive midfielder. I played alongside him at Leverkusen and he was one of the strongest players I've ever seen. He's got it all: power, dynamism, a goal threat, composure, charisma. All in all, he’s an amazing presence on the pitch and makes very few mistakes. I've always been impressed by that. He's also still maintaining that high standard, that's why he is my top man for this position.
I would be in the middle with Emerson, of course, and my left-midfielder would be
Ze Roberto, whom I have been playing with for a long time. To me he's one of the best dribblers around and is very skilful. When he's fit you won’t find a better player for this position.
On the right, I'd play
Ronaldinho. He's more of an offensive player, of course, but I have to find a place for him somewhere because he is one of the best players in the world at the moment. He's got amazing technique, is very dynamic and can do anything with the ball. That's it in a nutshell, and that's why I think there's really no contest for his position.
Up front, I'd like to see
Marco van Basten in this team. I know he's not playing anymore, but I think that, as a striker, he was absolutely perfect - he could do anything.
Next to him, I think would have to be
Pele. What a feast for the eyes he was. Pele was simply one of the all-time greats, so he would have to be in my team.
-----------------------------------------------------
Reminiscing stops at |11:06 PM|